Small House of Everything

Small House of Everything

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

R.I.P. PHOEBE SNOW

Phoebe Snow, the phenomenon who who walked away from singing stardom just after her 1975 hit "Poetry Man" has died.

     Snow quit show business to care for her new-born daughter who had a sever brain disorder.  The daughter passed away in 2007 at age 31.

     Phoebe Snow's music had inspired many people, but she called caring for her daughter her greatest accomplishment.

     She was right.

     As a musical talent and as a person, she was outstanding and will be missed.

1 comment:

  1. Hazel Dickens, Phoebe Snow, and the pioneering once-young punk singer (Ms.) Poly Styrene make a sad-making trio of losses over the last week. Though reports of Joanna Russ approaching her end hit me even harder where I still, for now, live...not least since today (well, the 27th) is my father's birthday, and my parents are the same age as Russ...whom I had one phone conversation with (she was gracious), and who has written some brilliant, brilliant work.

    ReplyDelete